Relatively new Roamler Paul flew through level 1 and has been performing paid tasks since. In this blog he’s sharing his Roamler experiences and tips with us, which might prove useful not only to new Roamlers, but to our more experienced Roamlers as well!
Hi, I’m Paul and I’ve been a Roamler for three weeks. I thought it might be helpful to share my experiences with other new members.
Why did I join? Well, after Christmas I was feeling a bit out of shape and my finances weren’t looking great, but I wasn’t looking forward to shelling out for another gym membership and dragging myself there after work. I was looking for something a bit more interesting and preferably something that wouldn’t cost hundreds of pounds a year!
Joining Roamler appealed to me because I can fit tasks around my work, and the support and training tasks have been great. I’ve never done mystery shopping or app tasking before, so I was a bit hesitant at first, but I’m living proof that if you do the experience tasks and pay attention to task requirements you can have a lot of fun while making some useful additional income.
Here are my top tips:
– In the beginning, when you’re working through the initial level one tasks, you might be tempted to rush through so you can get to the paid tasks. Take your time with level one tasks, get used to the app and don’t be afraid to contact the team in the message feature in the app. They are all lovely and helpful!
– When you get to your initial paid tasks, I’d recommend just taking one. That way, you can plan your journey and not feel under pressure.
– Being a mystery shopper doesn’t mean you have to be James Bond! Having worked in retail, I know that staff are happy for you to help them, so long as you don’t get in their way or hassle other customers. So long as you are considerate and polite, staff are happy to see people take an interest in their store.
– Be prepared! Make sure you know what the weather is going to be like before you accept jobs. I’ve been out in the teeth of a blizzard this month when I could have waited until the following day had I just planned ahead properly. But, be aware that others might brave the cold and perform the tasks you wanted to do!
– Have you read the task requirements? Good. Read them again. Whether it’s a specific product line you have to locate or individual photo requirements, it’s all too easy to rush through it and miss an essential step. I’ve had a task rejected for this reason.
– Enjoy your missions. Being a Roamler means being able to pick jobs at a time of your choosing, so make it work for you. Get used to the app, don’t be afraid to ask the team when you have queries in Messages and have fun!
I’d love to hear from any recently joined Roamlers so feel free to add me as friend on the app.